The Learning Commons is a fully integrated central facility that provides the technology and expertise needed to support students, faculty, and staff as they seek and process information, acquire skills, and impart knowledge. Located in the Annenberg Library Loft, it is a center for information discovery, teaching and learning with a strong digital focus.
The Learning Commons consists of 13 personal computers providing access to the Internet, the online library catalog, electronic databases, image editing tools, e-mail, office productivity software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and web authoring tools. It is staffed by an Information Literacy Librarian who is skilled in answering both reference and technology questions.
Services available in the Learning Commons:
- Assistance in focusing and beginning research
- Electronic database instruction
- Image scanning and photo editing
- Microsoft Office productivity software and training
- Web authoring training
We envision that students will:
- Become empowered; determine the questions they seek, find the answer, and pass their knowledge onto others.
- Be able to navigate through an information rich world.
- Increase their level of comfort with technology
- Understand the intersection of technology and learning.
- Be prepared for the working environment.