APPLY THROUGH COMMON APP
Pine Manor College offers bachelor's and associate degrees. We accept applications year-round. Students may apply to enter in the fall or spring, for full-time or part-time study. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and admission decisions are made throughout the year.
In addition to academic achievement, the Admissions Committee looks for students possessing seriousness of purpose, leadership potential, motivation, breadth and depth of interests, social responsibility and other attributes. The committee pays particular attention to an applicant's personal essay, teacher and guidance counselor recommendations, and involvement in community and co-curricular activities.
Over 80% of each year's entering class at Pine Manor College are first-time first-year students. The personal attention, care, and support you will receive as a student at Pine Manor starts with your first inquiry about the college and continues right through your graduation! We will provide individual guidance as you apply for admission, complete your admission file and apply for financial aid. We will even be there to assist you through summer orientation and pre-registration activities. Interviews are helpful but not required. You are encouraged to work directly with your admissions counselor and you may always reach us at 617-731-7011 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
All applicants are required to provide:
- A completed application for admission.
- A personal essay of at least 250 words.
- A $25 application fee check made out to Pine Manor College.
- An official secondary school transcript submitted directly by your high school guidance office, or official results of the G.E.D.
- A letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher.
- Official results of either the SAT I or the ACT.
The Admissions Committee may require applicants to submit a supplementary report of senior grades, interview with a member of the Admissions staff, sit for placement testing and/or provide additional materials that will attest to their readiness for college.
Offers of admission are conditional upon successful completion of secondary school work. A final transcript indicating date of graduation will be required of all entering students.
Additional instructions for Transfer Applicants
Candidates for admission who have attempted at least 13 credits of college coursework at another institution must submit the following:
- An official transcript of academic work at all previous colleges, and a copy of their college catalogs with course descriptions.
- An official secondary school transcript or G.E.D. diploma and the results of either the SAT I or the ACT, if fewer than 13 college-level credits have been earned.
- One letter of recommendation from a college faculty member.
Additional instructions for International Students
Applicants who do not have United States citizenship or a Green Card must submit the following:
- An original or certified copy of foreign secondary school records, professionally evaluated and translated into English.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a school counselor or teacher and one from a teacher of English.
- If the applicant's native language is not English, official results of the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language), IELTs or STEP Eiken exam.
Please visit our International Admissions Page to learn more
Pine Manor College is committed to creating a diverse community of people who can live and work in an atmosphere of mutual respect and appreciation for the rights of each individual. The College admits students without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or marital status. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, age, handicap, veteran’s status, sex, sexual orientation or marital status in the administration of its educational policies, athletic and other programs or employment practices and programs.
APPLY THROUGH COMMON APP
Download the PMC Application (Only if you wish to apply by mail.)