The mission of the Career Development Office is to prepare students to successfully develop and manage their careers. Students will interact with the Career Development staff each year of their college experience.
A comprehensive Four-Year Plan includes:
- Freshman Year the students will attend a First Year Seminar to help them with Self-Assessment, Choosing a Major, Career Research, and Resume and Cover Letter preparation.
- By the Sophomore Year, students will have met individually with a member of the Career Development staff to help them with choosing an Exploratory Internship.
- During the Junior Year, enhancement of the written tools such as resumes, cover letters and thank you letters will be supplemented with extensive Networking, Interviewing, and Negotiating techniques. Students may also consider Study Abroad, Semester-at-Sea and the Washington, D.C. Semester Program.
- By the Senior Year, students will be well-positioned to have the skills and confidence necessary to find a Senior Year Internship and post-graduation employment that matches their skills, interests and goals. For students aspiring to attend Graduate School, information and guidance will be provided.
- As an Alumna, the graduate can continue to have access to the resources and staff of the Career Development Office.
Programs, events and resources including a database of internships and job listings will be provided as a complement to the Four-Year Plan and to the alumnae.
The staff of the Career Development Office treats each student or graduate as an individual with a unique background and needs and delights in seeing each person find success. Please feel free to contact us via email at: email@example.com if you are a potential student, a current student, a graduate, or an employer!