Assistant Professor, Management and Organizational Change
- Ed.D., Human Resource Development, George Washington University, 2007
- M.Ed., Human Resource Education, Boston University, 1994
- B.S., Marketing, Bryant College, 1991
- Visiting Fellow, Leadership Masters Degree Program, Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship, Swinburne University of Technology, 2008-present
- Adjunct Faculty, Leadership Bachelors Cohort, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Northeastern University, 2005-present
- Partner and Senior Training and Organizational Development Consultant, Performance Development Associates, 2001-present
- Manager, Organizational Learning and Performance, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Engines, 1996-2001
- Manager, Sales and Management Training, Otis Elevator, 1992-1996
- Service Sales Manager, New England, Otis Elevator, 1990-1992
- Branch Manager, Otis Elevator, 1987-1990
- Service Sales Representative, Otis Elevator, 1981-1987
- Performance Development Associates, 2001-present
Partner and senior organizational training and development consultant for Performing Development Associates, and organizational effectiveness consultancy.
- Organizational Effectiveness and Human Resource Development Consultant
Extensive experience with Fortune 500 companies - valued and recognized by organizational leaders for innovative and creative problem solving, strong facilitation skills, and a well-developed capacity for managing complex projects in rapidly changing environments.
- Learning and Development
Craft learning systems and strategies to meet business imperatives - assess, design, develop, implement, and evaluate learning programs in a variety of formats including e-classroom, computer-based, multi-media, printed self-study, structured one-on-one, and blended learning in support of technical and interpersonal skills.
- Organization Guide
Guide and facilitate organizational stakeholders through all phases of organization design from strategic through operational levels including vision, mission, strategy, goals and objectives, structure, business processes, roles, and responsibilities.
- Organizational Development
Develop organizations and improve human performance using consulting process that entails contracting, diagnosis, feedback, recommendation development, intervention design and implementation, evaluation, follow-up and optimization.
- Change Management
Design and lead organizational change through all phases - crisis, transformation, transition, stabilization, and development (skilled in the following change processes: Future Search, Participative Design, LaMarsh Managed Change, Search Conference, Scenario Planning, Appreciative Inquiry, and Whole-Scale Change).
- Leadership and Team Development
Executive coaching, leadership development, team development, and work team facilitation (certifications include Emotional Competence Inventory, Fastteams, Denison Culture and Leadership Inventory).
Selected Consulting Achievements
- Conducted organizational culture diagnosis and designed performance improvement initiative for ItelliClaim, Inc.
- Designed and facilitated sales training and provided change management assistance for Harley-Davidson North American Sales reorganization
- Facilitated participatory design process for workplace learning in Outcomes Research Department for Pfizer
- Facilitated strategic planning process to develop ten-year plan for Bennett & Company
- Designed and developed values training program for Harley-Davidson's new employee orientation
- Designed and facilitated performance management deployment meetings for Hamilton-Sundstrand
- Facilitated process re-engineering for Harley Davidson merchandizing teams
- Designed and facilitated strategy development process for sales campaign to major national account for Otis Elevator
- Conducted participatory design process to redesign national account strategy for Otis Elevator
- Researched and authored primary strategy document for moving towards business segment marketing in selling maintenance services for Otis Elevator Company
- Designed and delivered strategic planning orientation for senior executives of The Barnes Group
- Designed and managed team development program for self-directed team repair facility
- Conducted strategy development process for on-wing maintenance venture with Aftermarket
- Managed cultural integration process for joint venture facility in Singapore
- Designed and facilitated organizational alignment process for international joint venture with Rolls Royce
- Designed and facilitated the large-scale change process to transition from separate engineering and manufacturing organizations into an Integrated Product Development Center
- Designed and facilitated process to manage the social issues related to a plant closing
- Designed and facilitated executive "game changer" process for top 50 executives in company
- Adjunct Professor, Northeastern University, School of Professional and Continuing Studies, 2005-present
Bachelor's and Masters Level Courses in Leadership Cohort Program include: Organizational Communications and Leadership Issues, Organizational Communications and Groups, Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management, and Leadership Practicum
- Visiting Fellow, Swinburne University of Technology, 2008-present
Masters Level Courses in Leadership Program include: Managing Organizational Culture and Creating Leadership Capacity
- Research Skills: Phenomenology, Ethnography, Survey, Focus Groups, and Case Study
- Research Interests
- Transformational Learning: Mindful and reflective practice/dialogue/discernment/transformative education
- Organizational Chage: Content, process, and context of change/change leadership/emergent change/theory
- Sustainable Leadership: Distributed leadership/architectures of participation/democracy in the workplace
- Tweedly, C. A. (2007), The Transformative Experience of Successful Dyslexics
Study examines the transformative experience of successful dyslexics from a phenomenological perspective. It demonstrated the dyslexics tend to follow a process that is more dependent on non-rational processes of discernment and that critical reflection and rational dialogue play more of a supportive role. (Proceedings of the Transformational Learning Conference, Albuquerque, NM)
- Tweedly, C. A. (2008), Transformational Learning and Successful Dyslexics
Extended look at the study of the tranformational learning and successful dyslexics in book form. (Cambria Press, NY)