Academic course reserves are located behind the circulation desk of the library. Professors fill out a reserve request form so that books, articles, sound recordings, and movies can be processed for student use in the library.
- New faculty: Bring your Pine Manor College ID to the circulation desk and get a library barcode. This enables you to put items on reserve.
- Due to increased costs of textbooks it is recommended that at least one copy of a required text be put on reserve in the library.
- Students will inquire about books on reserve for your class. A required text on reserve in the library means greater access for all students.
- Preview or desk copies of a text received from a publisher may be put on reserve.
- Plan ahead. It takes 3-5 business days to put items on reserve, especially during the first busy weeks of a semester.
- We strongly suggest that reserve items do not leave the library. This ensures that all students will have access to the materials they need.
- Copyright regulations are taken seriously. Please review the copyright quick guide.
- Personal copies of books and movies may be put on reserve. The library is not responsible for lost or damaged personal books or movies.
- Books and materials from other libraries may not be put on reserve. This includes books received via interlibrary loan request.
- All items are removed from reserve at the end of the semester. Help out by letting us know if you would like an item to remain on reserve for the following semester.
- Please call ahead before sending a student to take an item from reserve for use outside of the library.
Questions: Access Services Librarian, x7081