Pine Manor College offers a unique dance program with an emphasis on diversity in dance! Our program gives you the fundamentals of modern, ballet and jazz techniques that you need to grow as a dancer, while providing performance opportunities for you to express your unique voice. Our Dance Ensemble gives everyone an opportunity to dance and encourages choreography by its members. Past performances have included Hip Hop, African, Flamenco, Irish Step, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Modern and traditional Chinese and Korean dance by guest artists, to name a few.
One group in Dance Ensemble, Ribbon and Lace, focuses on hip-hop while another group, Satin and Silk, focuses on modern and ballet pieces. All dancers are also encouraged to explore any style that interests them. Classes are challenging and will strengthen your technique as well as performance skills.
Pine Manor also offers a Dance Minor. Our graduates with minors in dance have gone on to teach in Boston and New York, or on to graduate studies in Dance Therapy at Lesley University, as well as to work a variety of other exciting jobs while continuing their dance lives.
May 14, 2011 Performance in New York City
Location: Pine Manor College
- October 15, 2011 Reunion Weekend: Open Studios for Dance, Theater and Music
- December 8, 2011 December Holiday Show: Dance/Theater/Music
- April 12, 2012 Dance Ensemble Centennial Performance in Ellsworth Theater
- Saturday, May 14, 2011. 8p.m. Taylored for Mahala, choreographed by Sharon Montella. HATCH Presenting Series at Jennifer Muller Works, 131 W24th Street. Dancers: Karm Augustin, Christina Johnson, Tracy Martocchio, Sharon Montella
- April 27, 2011. Achievement Day. All dance classes perform works from throughout the semester. Graduation Senior Dakota Luis presents a modern dance piece done as part of a Directed Study.
- February 24-25, 2011: Living Legacy. Annual concert in Ellsworth Theater, tribute to Mahala Beams. Guest artists: A Major Dance Company/Roxbury Center for Performing Arts
- December Dance Showing, Friday, December 11, 2009 - 4:00 pm, Ellsworth Theatre. Hip hop, jazz, and modern works by faculty and students.
- Brookline First Light Festival, 12/3/09. Dance Ensemble performs in this holiday festival hosted by the Town of Brookline, MA in Coolidge Corner along with area artists.
- Children’s Dance Festival at Boston Ballet Studios, 5/3/2009. Pieces performed will be Glory Hallelujia and Hip Hop.
- Spotlight Dance Concert, Ellsworth Theatre, 2/27 and 2/28. Ribbon and Lace and Satin and Silk perform faculty and student works. Guest Artist: Roxbury Center for Performing Arts.
- February 5, 2009: After Hours University. Jazz and Modern Dance workshops for public housing students from off-campus.