You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for a Direct PLUS loan.
To request a Direct PLUS loan:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Sign in to Manage My Direct Loan. You will need your Department of Education-issued PIN. If you do not have a PIN, submit an official request for one.
- Complete Request PLUS Loan
All PLUS loan requests will be processed as an academic year loan with two equal disbursements (one for fall, one for spring). Exception: PLUS Loans for aviation students will be processed as one-term only loans (fall only or spring only). Please notify the Student Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are requesting the loan for a different loan period.
What you need:
- Your Federal Student Aid PIN. If you do not have a PIN, submit an official request for one.
- Personal information:
- Your first, middle and last names
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Permanent address
- Mailing address (if different from your permanent address)
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Alien Registration Number (if you are an eligible non-citizen)
- Employer information:
- Employer name
- Employer address
- School name.
PMC's school code is 002201
Deferment for PLUS loans is NOT automatic!
You MUST complete the following:
If you have received the Parent PLUS loan, to request deferment please contact Borrower Services at 1-800-848-0979, when prompted, enter your Social Security Number.