How to Enroll
- Complete and sign the “Application for Enrollment.” If under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign. The minimum age is 16 years old.
- Mail the application and the $enrollment fee at least one month in advance of arrival date. You may also fax it at 617-738-8887 or e-mail the application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at www.pmc.edu/eli-application, with a credit card number and expiration date.
Full payment must be received at least two weeks prior to arrival to guarantee enrollment. Payment can be made by credit card, wire transfer, or check. (Please see application form for details.)
Applications received less than six weeks prior to enrollment date will automatically be charged the courier delivery.
All courses, except the semi-intensive course, require that you apply for an F-1 student visa. An I-20 form will be sent to you to bring to your local U.S. consulate after you send the enrollment fee plus one of the following proofs of sufficient funds while in the U.S.:
- A bank statement or letter
- A letter from parent/guardian and statement from the bank
- A notarized letter of support
Course Confirmation and Documentation
When we receive your application, the following will be sent to you:
- Confirmation letter
- I-20 (if necessary)
- Welcome letter
- Payment form/Arrival info.
- Immunization/Medical Form
Late Arrivals and Absences
If you arrive late to a course or are absent during your course, no refund will be given. Free extensions will not be given for periods of absences.
If you cancel more than 14 days prior to arrival date, you will receive a full refund except the enrollment, courier, transportation, and medical insurance fees which are non-refundable. Refunds can only be made by the office where the fees were originally paid. If you cancel in less than 14 days, Pine Manor College will retain one week of tuition, accommodation, and meals (plus the service fees listed below). If your application is not accepted, all fees including enrollment fee will be refunded.
Enrollment and course changes are subject to a surcharge.
No refund will be given for early withdrawal of a session of 6 weeks or less. Enrollment, Transportation, Health Insurance, Courier, and Excursion Fees are non-refundable.
Students who withdraw early from a program which is longer than 6 weeks will be refunded as follows:
- 7-11 weeks: 1st week (from date of arrival): 80%, 2nd week: 60%, 3rd week: 40%, 4th week: 20%, none thereafter of tuition, room, and meals. After the percentage is deducted, the amount of time the students stay in the program will be retained.
- 12 weeks or more: 1st week (from first day of arrivals): 80%, 2nd week: 60%, 3rd week: 40%, 4th week: 20%, none thereafter. Programs of 12 weeks or more have a discounted rate, after the percentage has been deducted, students will be charged the non-discounted (higher) rate for the time of their stay, and then refunded the remaining difference.
Facilities and Services Included
The College reserves the right to make changes to facilities, services, and courses if necessary.
- Tuition/Accommodation on campus in shared room
- 19 meals per week
- Full use of all college facilities, including access to multimedia centers, library, language, video and computer labs, Campus Center, gym, fitness center, on-campus activities and events.
On-campus accommodations are booked from the Sunday immediately prior to your course start date until the Saturday morning following the end of your course.
Accommodations are booked on a shared-room basis unless the single supplement is paid.
All students must be covered by health insurance. On arrival, you must bring proof of health insurance. If you do not have your own insurance, you must enroll in the Pine Manor College Health Insurance.
Airport pickup service can be arranged for transportation to or from the College. Please send flight information at least 14 days prior to arrival. Transfers must be ordered when the application is submitted. Fees will not be refunded. Transfers cannot be guaranteed for late requests/flight changes and are subject to an extra charge.
To obtain a Course Certificate of Completion, students must attend all classes and complete homework assignments. The College retains the right to inform the parents of students (under 18) if attendance is poor.
Classes are not held on the U.S. holidays listed below. No refund or makeup classes will be given. Martin Luther King Day, January 16; Presidents’ Day, February 20; Patriots’ Day, April 16; Memorial Day, May 28; Independence Day, July 4; Labor Day, September 3; Columbus Day, October 8; and Thanksgiving, November 22/23. The school is closed from December 15, 2012, until January 5, 2013. The last day of classes in 2012 is December 14.
It is a fundamental condition of the contract between the student and Pine Manor College or its representatives that neither Pine Manor College nor its representatives shall be liable to the student in the event that any service contracted to be supplied by them becomes impossible to supply by reason of industrial dispute or other cause outside their control.
Pine Manor College, its personnel and representatives will not be responsible for loss, damage, illness, or injury to persons or property, however caused, except where liability is expressly imposed by statute. Pine Manor College will not be liable in the event that any service contracted to be supplied becomes impossible to supply by reason of any cause outside the control of the College.