Housed in a modern, air-conditioned building, our largest auditorium seats 476. Complete stage and performance facilities include an orchestra pit, dressing rooms, professional theatre lighting and audiovisual equipment. A spacious gallery surrounds the auditorium and provides an ideal area for product exhibits, as well as "between-the-scenes" relaxation.
Across the front of the stage at the pit measures 25'. Across the back of the stage behind the stairs at the curtain is 48'. From the front of the stage to the back wall is 42'.
The facility can accommodate up to 476 audience members. No one may sit in the aisles or walkways.
- All Events must conclude by 12:00 am.
- For use of the light and sound systems the in-house tech must set the cues and train any outside techs. Lighting and sound personnel will incur additional charges.
- Facility fees include use of stage, audience seating, woman's dressing room, men's dressing room and available tables and chairs. Contact your event manager for the current counts on tables and chairs. The number given is not a guarantee as breakage can occur before your event.
- There are no storage spaces available and any items (set, lighting, costumes, etc.) brought in cannot be secured and must be removed and the end of the rental period.
- The curtain may only be adjusted by the event manager on duty. Any damage to the curtain and track systems by the Client is the financial responsibility of the Client.
- Absolutely no food or beverage is allowed in the audience seating area or lower level classrooms.
- Under no circumstance is the Client or anyone affiliated with the Client allowed on the Catwalk or Grid.
Pricing includes 8 hours a day in the space. Additional hours are available at a rate of $75 per hour or any portion thereof.
- To reserve Ellsworth Theatre for an event or performance a signed Space Contract is required, along with a non-refundable deposit.
- A valid credit card number with expiration date, security code, billing address and cardholder's signature is required on file in order to guarantee your event, to cover an insufficient deposit, and/or handle any incidental charges.
- The next scheduled payment for 50% of the proposed total is required 90 days prior to the event.
- Final function arrangements are due four weeks prior to the event.
- The final payment will be due seven days prior to the event. We cannot execute your event without your final payment.
- Any balance due to last minute additions, etc. will be charged to the credit card on file the next business day unless paid for by check or cash at the conclusion of the event.
- The preferred method of payment for all deposits is check.
- All events are subject to 7% Town of Brookline tax.
- Any cost of collections for past due invoices will be paid by the Client.
- Pine Manor College and Dane Estate Catering can charge at 1.5% per month fee for any outstanding balances.
All food and beverage, including alcohol, must be provided exclusively by Pine Manor's on-site caterer, Dane Estate Catering, and no outside food or beverage is allowed.
The sale of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited in all Facilities. Alcoholic beverages may only be served and consumed in Function Rooms at receptions where guests have not paid any admission charge. Alcoholic Beverages may not be served in any Facilities other than Function Rooms. If alcoholic beverages are served, (i) Client may be required to hire one or more Brookline police officer(s) to be present during the Event; and (ii) one or more Pine Manor Public Safety Officers (as determined by the Town of Brookline) must be present during the Event. All service of alcoholic beverages must comply with Massachusetts General Laws and all applicable municipal ordinances and regulations and Licensor’s policies and must be made by TIPS or similarly trained servers. No outside alcoholic beverages will be permitted and all beverages must be purchased through Dane Estate Catering, the in-house catering company.
In accordance with the town of Brookline regulations, Pine Manor College has instituted a no-smoking policy. There is no smoking anywhere on the campus, except outside the building in the open air.
There is amble parking on campus. Parking is free and Parking Security is included in your rental fee.
If cancellation becomes necessary, all monies paid to date are non-refundable.
- If the event is canceled less than 30 days prior to the date, 50% of the estimated costs is due.
- If the event is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date, 75% of the estimated costs is due.
- If the event is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the date, 100% of the estimated costs is due.
- Cancellations must be in writing and any payments due must be paid within 7 business days.