Thank you for your interest is hosting your event at Pine Manor College with Dane Estate Catering. We are committed to providing the perfect setting for you and your guests focusing on excellent service and exquisite catering.
Please note the following Guidelines to book your event and contact the Special Events Department with any questions at 617-731-7639. We look forward to helping make your event spectacular.
A signed Special Event Space Contract is required, along with a non-refundable deposit.
- A valid credit card number with expiration date, security code, billing address and cardholder's signature is required on file in order to guarantee your event, to cover an insufficient deposit, and/or handle any incidental charges.
- The next scheduled payment for 50% of the proposed total is required 90 days prior to the event.
- Final menu selections and function arrangements are due four weeks prior to the event.
- The final guest count guarantee is due seven business days prior to the event.
- The final bill will reflect either the guarantee or the actual number of guests, whichever is higher. Once the final guest count is received that number may increase up to 20% but may not decrease.
- The final payment will be due seven days prior to the event. We cannot execute your event without your final payment.
- Any balance due to last minute additions, etc. will be charged to the credit card on file the next business day unless paid for by check or cash at the conclusion of the event.
- The preferred method of payment for all deposits is check.
- All events are subject to 7% Town of Brookline tax and an 18% administrative fee. This administrative charge is not intended to be a tip, gratuity or service charge for the benefit of employees.
- A $500 refundable security is due at time of signing in a separate check and will be returned within 15 days of the conclusion of the event.
Dane Estate Catering and Pine Manor College may assess a room rental / set-up fee for the use of each of its dining/meeting rooms. For your convenience, we feature separate menu packages for Wedding and Bar/Bat Mitzvah receptions which include such room charges.
Pricing and Food & Beverage minimums include five hours of guest time, two hours of set up and one hour of clean up time. Additional hours are available; the rate is determined by the space rented. All events must conclude by 11:00 pm.
If cancellation becomes necessary, all monies paid to date are non-refundable. If the event is canceled less than 30 days prior to the date, 50% of the estimated costs are due. If the event is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date, 75% of the estimated costs are due. If the event is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the date, 100% of the estimated costs are due. Cancellations must be in writing and any payments due must be paid within 7 business days. Pine Manor College reserves the right to cancel events because of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstance, with all deposits being refunded or applied to a reschedule date.
Pine Manor College features its own in-house catering with Dane Estate Catering. No outside food and beverage is allowed with the exception of kosher meals (Provided by Catering by Andrew exclusively) and wedding cakes. Wedding Cakes are included in the wedding packages and provided by our partner bakeries. Any enhancements to the wedding cake are the responsibility of the client and will be paid directly to the bakery. A cake cutting fee of $2 per guest will be charged for any outside bakeries.
In accordance with the town of Brookline and the Massachusetts State Liquor Commission, no guest shall be allowed to bring alcoholic beverages into an event held at Pine Manor College. No person under the age of 21 will be allowed to consume or purchase alcoholic beverages. Law prohibits us from serving any guest who visibly appears to be under the influence of alcoholic beverages.
All decorations must comply with local fire laws. Any directional signs must be approved by the College prior to the event. No items may be attached to any walls or the ceiling in any facilities. No confetti, balloons or bubbles are allowed indoors. Candles must be housed in a votive or hurricane glass.
Charges will be accessed for decorations not removed at the conclusion of an event. A cleanup fee of $150 will be assessed in the event that standard cleaning procedures cannot be used in order to return the room to pre–event condition.
All specialty equipment, lighting, AV, chair and linen rentals will be arranged through the Special Events Department. Your event manager can provide you with a preferred vendor list.
All outside vendors must provide proof of liability insurance.
Pine Manor will not assume responsibility for personal property and/or equipment onto campus. Client is responsible and shall reimburse the College for any damage, loss, or liability incurred to the College by any of your guest, or any persons contracted by you to provide any goods or service before, during, and after the function.
In accordance with Town of Brookline regulations, Pine Manor College has instituted a no-smoking policy. There is no smoking anywhere on the campus, except outside in the open air.
There is ample free parking on campus for your guests. Parking attendant fees will apply for any events with over 75 guests. Parking attendants are calculated at 1 per 50 cars and are $35/hour with a 4 hour minimum.