I have received my financial aid award letter, now what do I do?

If you are accepting your financial aid package (including student loans and work-study), you must complete the following steps:

  1. Complete the Student Loan Entrance Counseling online. Visit www.dl.ed.gov and click on the link that says Student Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling
    • You are completing the Entrance Counseling
    • You will need your FAFSA PIN and the name and addresses of two personal references
  2. Complete your Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.dl.enote.ed.gov
    • You will need your original FAFSA PIN
    • You will need two references (can be the same as used on the Entrance Counseling

Frequently Asked Questions

  • If I accept this award, does this mean I am obligated to come to Pine Manor College?
    No, you can accept the award and change your mind later.
  • I received a letter that states I have been "SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION." What does that mean?
    Verification is a process where the Federal Government requires that you provide back-up documentation to the information you provided on the FAFSA.
  • Did I do something wrong to cause me to be selected for verification?
    No! Many students are selected at random for verification; it is not a reflection on your or your parents if you are selected.
  • What happens if I do not provide the information requested?
    You may lose Federal and State Grants that have previously been awarded to you.
  • Can being selected for verification change my award package?
    In some cases it can. If the information you submitted on the FAFSA does not match the documentation requested as part of the verification process, it may change your eligibility for certain types of financial aid. You should schedule a meeting with your financial aid counselor to determine what, if any, changes are going to be made to your financial aid award package.