[Chestnut Hill, MA, December 2013] The Solstice MFA Program announces its Winter Reading Series, taking place January 3-112 in the Founder’s Room of Pine Manor College, located at 400 Heath Street in Chestnut Hill. Author’s books will be available for sale; a cash-bar reception will follow the reading on Sunday, January 5. All readings are free and open to the public, plenty of free parking!
· Friday, January 3 at 7:30 p.m.: Kashmira Sheth (author of numerous books for young people, including the recent Tiger in My Soup); fiction writer Robert Lopez (Asunder & Part of the World); & David Yoo (author of two young adult novels, a middle grade novel, and the essay collection The Choke Artist).
· Saturday, January 4 at 7:30 p.m.: Assistant Director Tanya Whiton; poet Kathleen Aguero (Investigations: The Mystery of the Girl Sleuth and After That); & Randall Kenan (author of several books of fiction and nonfiction, including Let the Dead Bury Their Dead and The Fire This Time).
· Sunday, January 5 at 7:30 p.m.: Amy Hoffman (author of three memoirs, including Lies About My Family); writer-in-residence M. Evelina Galang (Her Wild American Self and Angel de La Luna and the 5th Glorious Mystery); & special guest Mark Peter Hughes (author of the popular middle grade series Lemonade Mouth).
· Monday, January 6 at 7:30 p.m.: Graduate Assistant Kassie Rubico; MFA Director Meg Kearney (author of two poetry collections, two novels-in-verse for teens, and a picture book, Trouper); Anne-Marie Oomen (poet and author of three essay collections, including An American Map: Essays); & Steven Huff (author of two poetry collections and the short fiction collection A Pig in Paris).
· Wednesday, January 8 at 7:30 p.m.: Special guest Jeffrey Harrison (author of four poetry collections, including The Singing Underneath); Laura Williams McCaffrey (author of the speculative fiction/YA novels Alia Waking and Water Shaper); & poet Nicole Terez Dutton (If One Of Us Should Fall, winner of the 2011 Cave Canem Poetry Prize).
· Thursday, January 9 at 7:30 p.m.: Dzvinia Orlowsky (author of five poetry collections, including Silvertone); Venise Berry (author of four novels, including the forthcoming Pockets of Sanity); & special guest Sarah Micklem (author of two speculative fiction novels, Firethorn and Wildfire).
· Friday, January 10 at 7:30 p.m.: Special guest Jacqueline Davies (author of numerous books for young people); Sandra Scofield (National Book Award Finalist for Beyond Deserving; author of seven novels, a memoir, and a craft book); & Catherine McKinley (nonfiction author of Indigo: In Search of the Color that Seduced the World and The Book of Sarahs: A Family in Parts).
Directions to Pine Manor College, complete bios of our authors, and more information about the Solstice MFA in Creative Writing Program can be found at www.pmc.edu/mfa.
Posted on Fri, December 27, 2013
by Tanya Whiton