The Housing Selection Process allows current students the opportunity to request their room and roommate for the upcoming academic year. All students must qualify to participate in the room selection process by completing the following steps:
- Register for classes with your Academic Advisor
- April 6, 2015 - Seniors
- April 7, 2015 - Juniors
- April 8, 2015 - Sophomores
- April 9, 2015 - First-Years
2. Confirm your financial eligibility. You must have filed your FAFSA and confirm that your PMC account is below $1,000 (zero balance for single room).
3. Complete and Submit your Housing Selection Application by Thursday, April 9, 2015.
*Any student who feels that he/she may need an accommodation to their housing arrangement would need to fill out the Housing Accommodation Request Form by Friday, April 10, 2015. The form should be returned to the Campus Nurse, 2nd Floor - Campus Center.
4. Confirm that your Housing Selection Application has been submitted. The list of submitted applications will be posted outside of Office 209, 2nd floor - Campus Center on Monday, April 13, 2015 at noon.
5. All students who complete required steps for Room Selection Process will be assigned a Lottery Number. Lottery numbers will be posted outside of Office 209, 2nd Floor - Campus Center on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. It is your responsibility to check this list and know your lottery number.
6. Participate in the Housing Selection Day! - Friday, April 17, 2015. For details about the Housing Selection Process, click here for the Housing Selection Timeline.
If you do not complete these steps by the deadlines listed you will NOT be assigned a lottery number. Students who were not assigned lottery numbers but are qualified to be entered into housing will be given the opportunity to select a room during the Open Selection block. There will be a sign-up for participating in Open Selection next to the podium on the day of Room Selection where students will be required to sign up. In order to be fair to all students Open Selection will go in order based on this sign up sheet.
If you are unable to attend Room Selection you must complete a Proxy Form by Thursday, April 16, 2015. Forms can be submitted to Lisa Rodrigues, Director of Residence Life - 2nd Floor, Campus Center. If you are using a proxy please note that it is your responsibility to sign a Housing Contract with Jeanne Rintell by Friday, April 24, 2015 no later than 5pm. IF YOU DO NOT SIGN A HOUSING CONTRACT, YOUR HOUSING REQUEST WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
ROOM SELECTION DAY WILL BE ON FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2015
Meditation Room, 2nd floor, Campus Center
- Rising Seniors Lottery Selection - 1:00 - 2:00pm
- Rising Juniors Lottery Selection - 2:00 - 3:00pm
- Rising Sophomores Lottery Selection - 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Open Selection for those without Lottery Numbers - 4:00 - 5:00pm
Double Rooms - Double rooms are designed for two people. Selection of double rooms will be done in lottery number order. Students selecting a double room must come to room selection with their roommate or a proxy form and request their room. Two students requesting a double room will choose at the lower of the two lottery numbers. Students wishing to live in a double room who do not have a roommate should refer to the instructions in the No Roommate section.
Single Rooms - Single rooms are designed for one person and are available in limited numbers. Request for single rooms will be done in lottery number order. If there are no singles available, students will need to request a double room at the time of Room Selection and/or request to be placed on the waiting list. ***Please note that there is an additional fee for a Single Room. After the Room Selection Process, the Bursar's Office will approve students who requested a single rooms; students who are not approved will be contacted to make arrangements to choose a double room.***
Medical Housing Accommodation - Any student who feels that they need special medical housing accommodations should complete a Housing Accommodation Request Form which can be found here. This form must be completed by a physician/medical practitioner and returned to the Campus Nurse - 2nd Floor, Campus Center by Friday April 11, 2014.
24-Hour Quiet Building - Residents of the 24-Hour Quiet Building accept a living standard that supports strictly enforced quiet hours 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
NEW AND EXCITING FOR NEXT YEAR!!!
9-MONTH HOUSING OPTION - For the Fall 2015 Academic Year we will be offering a 9-month housing option for students. This means that students would be allowed to stay on campus for all breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter, & Spring) for no additional cost! You will be allowed to access your room at all times from the start of school until the very end.
FREE LAUNDRY! - We are thrilled to announce that all students will now have FREE washer & dryer access starting Fall 2015!
DISCOUNTED HOUSING OPTION - We will be offering a discounted housing options for students who decide to live in South 4 & 5. Prior to the Winter Break you will be asked to pack up your belongings so that the room can be used by Pine Manor College’s MFA program. We will be offering students a housing discount for their participation in this option.
Any student who wishes to live in a double room but does not have a roommate may participate in room selection based on their lottery number. There are two possible outcomes for students without a roommate; 1)You will be placed in a double room with another student, or 2) You will be placed in an empty double room and either a returning student or a new student (first year or transfer) will be assigned to the other bed in your room.
*Confirmations for final housing assignments for all returning students will be emailed by late July.