Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of support will I get as a Pine Manor College student?

Support for international students begins with the admissions process. Our admissions office helps students by answering questions about admissions requirements, academics, student life, scholarships and other issues. After students join Pine Manor, the international student advisor assists with immigration, personal, and academic issues. The International Student Club (ISC) helps students connect with each other and with the rest of the PMC community. The Learning Resource Center (LRC) provides professional tutoring in writing, study skills, and subject matter. Through Pine Manor's Portfolio Learning Seminar Program, students learn to be reflective, self-directed learners. Pine Manor is dedicated to providing an approachable learning environment for students through classroom discussions, campus activities and community involvement.

What is the SAT I / ACT requirement?

If your native language is English, the SAT I or ACT is recommended.

What will my personal expenses be for one year at PMC?

Please see Tuition & Costs for detailed information.

What health insurance do I need?

Per Massachusetts state law, all students must have health insurance. Foreign policies are not acceptable; international students are required to be enrolled in the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan.

How can I learn about course offerings?

Pine Manor College offers degree programs in Management, Biology, Psychology, Communications and more! You may contact our Admissions office and we will send you a course catalog.

How can I get a visa to study at Pine Manor College?

After a student is accepted to Pine Manor, the student must show that they can pay for one year of tuition and personal expenses. After sending in their tuition deposit, an I-20 form along with important information about F-1 visa status, application and maintenance will be sent to the student from Pine Manor College's international student advisor. The student may then apply for a student visa at a U.S. Embassy in their home country.

Can I bring a dependent along with me as I study at Pine Manor?

Yes. You will need to provide additional evidence of being able to financially support your dependent. Your child will be issued a dependent I-20 from Pine Manor College and will be able to apply for a visa as well. Keep in mind that you will need to provide health insurance for your child.

Where do Pine Manor international students come from?

In 2012-2013, students came from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, and Venezuela.



International Payments:

Flywire is a convenient and secure way to make international payments using local currency with best exchange rates.

Click here to get started

If you have any questions regarding this proces please feel free to contact us:

We look forward to hearing from you.

Alexandra Caine
Admissions Office Manager, DSO

Konstantinakos, Cyrus Segawa
International Student Success Coach

Admissions Office: 
or 617-731-7011