Pine Manor College is a private four-year liberal arts college situated five miles from downtown Boston that prepares students for inclusive leadership and social responsibility in the workplace, family and community. The College is recognized by U.S. News & World Report America's Best Colleges 2010 as the most diverse private liberal arts college in the country and is committed to diversifying the faculty and staff. With a student-faculty ratio of 10:1, Pine Manor offers an enriching educational experience that promotes collaborative and outcomes-based learning.
Pine Manor College now participates in the E-Verify program and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All current positions are posted on this website and resumes/applications should be directed as instructed.
If you are interested in forwarding your resume/application for future consideration for a position not posted, please send your COVER LETTER AND RESUME, WITH THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE, TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our Visitor's Guide for directions and maps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management, this is a full-time 12-month position. The individual serves as a primary representative of Pine Manor College to prospective students, parents, relatives, high schools, community colleges and other organizations. All Admissions Counselors are accountable for achieving the Department's enrollment goal(s).
Specific duties include:
- Initiate, cultivate and manage the development of external contacts (high school guidance counselors, independent counselors, organizations, colleges, etc.) to recruit students
Represent Pine Manor College at high schools visits, college fairs, conferences, on campus events and at other relevant organizations or activities
- Assist prospective students with all aspects of the admission process
Build relationships with and assist prospective students throughout all phases of the enrollment cycle (inquiry through enrollment); conduct interviews, appointments, and group information sessions for prospective students and their families
- Maintain telephone, email, and other contact with prospective students and track communications in the on-line system
- Prepare files and review students applications for admission
- Collaborate with members of the PMC community to engage prospective students in learning about all facets of the educational experience at PMC
- Coordinate admissions events, open houses, and yield programs
- Significant travel during the Fall and Spring is expected including evenings and weekends
- Develop an understanding of the financial aid policies and processes to guide students and families
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean
- Bachelor's degree required
- Prior Admissions experience would be ideal
- Must be organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused with sales orientation, and able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with social media is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with students, parents, College staff, and the public
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity and multicultural issues
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
No phone calls please.
Pine Manor College
400 Heath Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467-2332
Updated January 12, 2015