Pine Manor College is a private four-year liberal arts college situated five miles from downtown Boston that prepares students for inclusive leadership and social responsibility in the workplace, family and community. The College is recognized by U.S. News & World Report America's Best Colleges 2010 as the most diverse private liberal arts college in the country and is committed to diversifying the faculty and staff. With a student-faculty ratio of 10:1, Pine Manor offers an enriching educational experience that promotes collaborative and outcomes-based learning.
Pine Manor College now participates in the E-Verify program and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All current positions are posted on this website and resumes/applications should be directed as instructed.
If you are interested in forwarding your resume/application for future consideration for a position not posted, please send your COVER LETTER AND RESUME, WITH THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE, TO: email@example.com (unless otherwise indicated in the job listing)
See our Visitor's Guide for directions and maps.
No open positions at this time.
Physics 1 Adjunct for FALL 2016
Pine Manor College seeks an adjunct instructor to teach Principles of Physics I, which is an algebra-based course with emphasis placed on understanding through problem-solving. Topics include classical mechanics, Newton’s laws, energy, oscillation, wave mechanics, and acoustics. Principles and concepts are explained through applications to the life sciences, sports, and other appropriate topics. A 3-hour laboratory augments and illustrates material covered in class.
Lectures are Mondays and Wednesdays 4:10 p.m. – 5:50 p.m. The lab will be held on Tuesdays 4:10 – 7:00. The Fall 2016 semester runs August 29 – December 9.
Pine Manor College is a small private liberal arts college in Chestnut Hill MA. We have a highly diverse population of men and women; we value teaching that embraces that diversity and focuses on student learning success.
Please respond to Dr. Colleen Krieser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dean of Enrollment
Pine Manor College has an immediate opening for a dynamic and innovative Dean of Enrollment Management/Director of Admissions. The Dean directs the administrative operations of the Admissions Office and assumes responsibility for the successful attainment of the College's recruitment, selection, and enrollment goals. The Dean also oversees and works in partnership with the Financial Aid Office, and is also a critical member of the College’s retention team.
Pine Manor College is committed to educating and empowering a diverse student body - one student at a time - with the knowledge and skills they will need to meet the challenges of career, community and citizenship in today's global society.
Our History and Tradition:
Pine Manor College affirms a tradition that builds a powerful learning relationship for all students, with the result that Pine Manor graduates are well prepared to compete successfully in the professional world. Current graduates embody the values of the College’s past century: learning rooted in the liberal arts; self-awareness and self-knowledge; compassion, respect and interest in all people; curiosity, and resourcefulness. We remain committed to the historic values developed and enriched by our first century of educating women as we continue to expand our mission to transform the lives of men. The lessons of our history inform our response to current challenges - and they shape our future.
For over a century, Pine Manor College has focused on providing an educational experience for students of promise from many different backgrounds. Today, we are proud to say that our campus is home to students from throughout the world, each of whom adds to the educational experience of every other member of our close campus community.
We strive to become recognized as a small liberal arts college renowned for its innovative approaches to positively transforming students through dynamic learning and career preparation. We are dedicated to true diversity in which our students, from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, experience a personalized learning environment that transforms and prepares them for successful careers in a rapidly changing world. Our diversity informs and enriches both a liberal arts curriculum and individual disciplines, creating imaginative, collaborative, culturally competent citizens.
What We Seek In a Successful Candidate:
- A motivational team builder who is a working member of the team. Someone who can successfully model the type of work the Dean is looking for in team members by demonstrating a high level of commitment, a focus on meeting goals, and an investment in the success of the team.
- A leader who is also comfortable and effective when operating at multiple levels, from micro to macro.
- An understanding of the role that athletics plays in recruiting and enrollment management.
- An understanding of the importance of building relationships with access organizations, guidance counselors and other community partners, as well as with other departments at the College.
- An energetic problem solver, has the initiative, creativity and experience needed to move the enrollment process to one that is organized, proactive, targeted - and consistent with our mission and the students we serve.
- A collaborative leader able to manage financial aid and admissions so they operate seamlessly as one.
- The ability to help define PMC’s target student population, and to develop plans and strategies to attract and engage those prospective students.
- Knowledge of marketing, and the ability to develop and maintain a targeted, one-on-one approach to identifying and recruiting students.
- A thorough understanding of the financial metrics of admissions and the ability to communicate them.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
As the Dean of Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions, the successful candidate will manage the day-to-day operations of the Admissions and Financial Aid offices, ensuring continuity and quality of service to stakeholders at all levels.
- Training and supervising the Admissions Office staff.
- Providing advice and counsel to the President of the College on matters related to the development and implementation of policy, strategy, budget, and personnel; collaborates on short-term and long-term goals and objectives of the Admissions and Financial Aid offices.
- Managing the processing and review of applications for Admissions to undergraduate programs of the College, developing new application materials as needed, coordinating committees, defining and revising the review process, and ensuring that technical support and data entry are complete and successful.
- Managing the development and delivery of admissions-related publications and promotional materials, including both print and web-based formats.
- Overseeing the use of social media and other communication media with students.
- Evaluating various strategic recruiting and retention tools.
- Ensuring the College’s mission is considered in all Admissions programs and decisions.
- Overseeing all campus visit programs for counselors, prospective students, and their families.
- Coordinating travel assignments for admissions counselors.
- Representing the College and Department at public events, and to various constituents within the College.
- All related responsibilities including representing the College to high schools and colleges, conducting group information presentations, and serving on the Admissions committee, with responsibility for reading and reviewing applications.
- Admissions representation and recruitment travel; periodic evening or weekend work will be expected. Use of private motor vehicle may be required.
- Master’s degree required.
- Five or more years of admissions experience in a residential undergraduate institution, with at least three years of supervisory/management experience.
- Highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate the attributes and benefits of the unique setting and educational experience of Pine Manor College.
Please respond to email@example.com
Admissions Counselor with a Healthcare Focus
- Management of the recruitment of students from targeted schools predominantly in the New England and Mid-Atlantic region
- Work with the Director of Academic Partnerships to optimize recruitment efforts and establish a deep pipeline of prospective students
- Work closely with the faculty to develop a clear understanding of each academic program
- Travel to high schools and college fairs
- Consistent and professional correspondence with prospective students, high school and college counselors, applicants, and admitted students
- Application review
- Participation in on-campus admissions events including but not limited to Open Houses and Admitted Student Day
- Working with student ambassadors and utilizing alumnae/alumni as admissions ambassadors
- Utilizing SalesForce CRM
Identifiable and successful track record with targeted recruitment and the establishment of stable and deep relationships with high schools. As recruitment travel is required, both a valid driver's license and a willingness to travel by air are required. A Bachelor's degree in a field related to this initiative (Biology, Psychology, Community Health, Business and Management) is preferred. Experience in Admissions or related areas is also required. The Admissions Counselor will have outstanding communication and organizational skills and a strong, self-motivated work ethic. The ability and confidence to exercise discretion while working independently, as well as commitment to being part of a larger admissions team, are expected.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: July 26, 2016