The 2016 Service & Kellogg Awards Ceremony
The Pine Manor community came together for the annual Service and Kellogg Awards ceremony.
Jesse Bolivar, Director of the Learning Resource Center, was back as master of ceremony, this time as Superman. “Superman” invited supervisors and colleagues to honor and celebrate staff and faculty and to present Service Awards certificates for their years of service.
Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Bo Opava joined Interim President Rosemary Ashby and they both thanked the staff and faculty for many years of dedicated service to the College.
Receiving recognition were:
- John Griffith, Director of Athletics, for his 5 years of service
- Liz Doran, Assistant Registrar and Special Projects Manager for Academic Services for her 10 years of service
- Susan Bear, Ph.D., Professor of Biology, for her 10 years of service
- Ujwala Panse, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry, for her 15 years of service
- Rhonda Seidman, Executive Director of the English Language institute, for her 20 years of service
- Bill Stargard,Ph.D., Professor of Art History,and Assistant Dean for Faculty Development and Teaching Excellence, for his 20 years of service
President Rosemary Ashby was called to present the prestigious Kellogg Award. The president honored the Kellogg family and talked about the special scholarship that was established by the sons of Elizabeth Irwin Kellogg ’35, in celebration of her 85th birthday. President Ashby recalled her relationships with the late Elizabeth Irwin Kellogg during the time of her presidency 20 years ago. She described Mrs. Kellogg as a passionate advocate for Pine Manor College who served on the Board of Trustees for many years and had a lasting contribution to the success of the college. The Kellogg family wanted to recognize the people who are the backbone of Pine Manor – the college’s employees, and they chose to do so by establishing the Kellogg Award. The Kellogg Award is presented annually to individuals who demonstrate an outstanding contribution to Pine Manor College.
This year’s recipients of the Kellogg Award are:
Vincent White, Director of Student Accounts, and Colleen Krieser, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biology.
Congratulations to all!