These FREE leadership workshops, held at your school or organization, provide an intensive leadership program for 15-20 girls who are sophomores, juniors and seniors in high school. Workshop activities help participants build leadership skills and create positive change in their school and/or community; doing so in a way that includes all voices—especially those that might have been neglected in the past.
These workshops are offered in addition to our longer, more in-depth programs. For more information on those programs, please visit our Weekend Leadership Conferences page.
These are several reasons we offer these workshops in the schools and at no cost:
- More Will Benefit: We recognize that high school students have increasing demands on their time—jobs, family obligations, sports, college preparatory work, community service, etc. By bringing the leadership programs to them, more girls will be able to benefit from this opportunity.
- Working as a Team: We want to be able to work with a larger number of girls in each school or organization. During our longer leadership programs, one girl usually acts as a representative from her school or organization. In the Leadership Workshop model, however, the participants are able to work together as a team to create positive change in their school or community.
- Opportunity for All: We realize that, often, the cost to attend longer, off-site leadership programs can be prohibitive to many students. We do have financial assistance for our longer programs, but through the workshops, an even greater number of girls will have the opportunity to experience our leadership programs—at NO COST at them.
Request a Leadership Workshop
Guidance Counselors, or other high school/youth professionals, submit a Workshop Request Form.
What we provide for a Leadership Workshop:
- A Two-and-a-Half Hour Workshop that will help girls in their sophomore, junior, and/or senior years build leadership skills necessary for working across differences, creating positive change, building self-esteem and communicating effectively.
- Personal Interaction with and follow-up from the highly qualified, energetic staff in the Center for Inclusive Leadership and Social Responsibility at Pine Manor College.
- Helpful Materials your students will use as they move forward to implement a plan to create positive change in their school or community.
What we ask you to provide for a Leadership Workshop:
- The commitment of 15-20 girls in their sophomore, junior, and/or senior years for participation and engagement in the workshop.
- A space that is conducive to conversation, workshop groups and presentation, preferably with a chalk or white board.
- A nominal travel fee, if your school or organization is more than 45 miles from Pine Manor.
To learn about some of the positive changes that are being facilitated by participants of these workshops—OR, if you are a past participant yourself and want to report what you are doing in your school or read about what other schools are doing to create positive change—visit our Action Plans page!