Associate Professor, Accounting
Haldan Hall 137
- M.B.A., Accounting, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance and Commerce
- B.A., History and Social Sciences, Holy Family University
- Associate Professor, Pine Manor College, 1983-present
Taught the following courses: Accounting Principles, Intermediate Accounting, Tax Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Accounting for Non-Profit Organizations, Managerial Accounting, Budgeting and Control, Auditing, Algebra, Understanding Business in A Changing World. Faculty Sponsor of Exploratory and Senior Internships and Faculty Advisor for Portfolio Learning Seminars.
- Administrative Assignments:
Coordinator of Business Administration Program, 1995-present
Social Sciences Division Chair, Spring, 1996.
- Committee Assignments:
Served as a member on the following committees: Academic Standards, Computer Advisory, Conference, Budget Subcommittee, Curriculum, Evaluation, and Committee on Retention, Promotion, and Tenure.
- Chairperson of the following committees: Faculty Concerns, Academic Standards, and Curriculum.
- Senior Lecturer, Boston University, 1979-1995
- Lecturer, Holliston Junior College
- Instructor, Bryant & Stratton
- Instructor, Chamberlayne Junior College
- Instructor, Peirce Junior College
- Boston Chapter, American Society of Women Accountants
- Massachusetts Association of Accounting Professors
- National Association for Female Executives
- Certified Public Accountant
- Wean Senior Professorship, Pine Manor College, 1996
- Sabbatical, Spring, 1998
- Who's Who in the East, 1994-1995
- Who's Who in the World, 1995-1996
- Award for Teaching Excellence, Boston University, 1992
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2002, 2004
Paul J. Gerry, Certified Public Accountant, Boston, Massachusetts
Performed audit of Model Cities Agencies, City of Boston. Provided accounting services and compilations for small and medium sized corporations and partnerships. Prepared all Federal and State tax forms, including employer's quarterly returns
, Gimbels, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
, Nice Ball Bearing Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Legal Secretary, Wollman, Tracey, Schlesinger and Salus, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
, American Engineering Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Legal Secretary, Reliance Insurance Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Passed CPA examination and earned CPA designation.
- Courses taken at BU: Microcomputer Applications for Business, and Programming in C++
- Attend many technical seminars in order to complete Continuing Profession Education Credits (CPE) that are necessary to maintain certification.
- Acknowledged as Reviewer of Business Law with UCC Applications, 11th edition, Brown and Sukys, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2006.
- Fiscal Stability Committee, 2007-present
- Faculty Development Committee, 2005-2007
- Committee on Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure, 2001-2005
- Evaluation Committee, Member, 1995-1998
- Faculty Concerns Committee, Co-Chair, 1993-1995
- Academic Standards Committee, Co-Chair, 1991-1993
- Computer Advisory Committee, 1995-present
- Conference Committee, Member 1989-1991
Budget Subcommittee, Member 1989-1991
- Curriculum Committee, Chair, 1985-1986
- Boston Chapter of the American Society of Women Accountants
This National Organization’s mission is to encourage the advancement of Women in the Accounting Profession
- We hosted Student Activities Night at Pine Manor on two occasions. Each meeting welcomed at least 65 guests—women in the profession as well as students and college professors. Other meetings were held at Babson and Bentley Colleges.
- We also provided scholarships for students in accounting
- As president, I presided over twelve Board meetings and ten Membership Meetings each year. Most meetings were held at Pier 4 in Boston. I also organized joint professional meetings with the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA), the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), as well as the American Women’s Society of Certified Public Accountants (AWSCPA).
- Helped organize Regional Area Day Conferences on Cape Cod and in Philadelphia.
- Conducted Leadership Seminar for Philadelphia Area Day.
Civic Associations (Under the aegis General Federation of Women Clubs)
- Framingham Junior Women’s Club
- A women’s organization involved in philanthropic work such as feeding and clothing the needy and providing scholarships for students.
- Framingham Garden Club
A club dedicated to improving the ecological balance of our community.
- We raise funds to purchase tracts of land and maintain them as preservation sites for the community.
- We provide scholarships for students pursuing degrees in horticulture.
- We beautify historical sites with plantings and floral arrangements.
- Won First Prize for Spring Flower Arrangement in Standard Garden Club Exhibit.
Social and Educational Club
- Women’s Investment Network
This is an organization of professional women who meet monthly to invest in the Stock Market. We try to learn the intricacies of investing and invite guest speakers to many of our meetings. We also contribute to charitable and non-profit organizations. On three independent occasions this club contributed $100 to the Audrey Stein Scholarship Fund at Pine Manor.