Pine Manor College is pleased to announce that a select number of graduate-level creative writing courses will be open to the public for auditing during the winter residency of its Solstice MFA Program, scheduled from December 31–January 9, 2011.
Classes are open to serious writers working at all levels; auditors are encouraged to complete the advance preparation requirements for any MFA class they wish to attend. The registration fee is $25 per course for Solstice graduates/$35 per course for the general public; the deadline for enrolling as an auditor for the winter 2011 Residency is December 30, 2010.
Winter 2011 MFA classes that are open to the public include:
- The Novel Primer: Reading a Novel with an Eye to Writing One’s Own
- Fast Fiction/Flash Fiction/Crash Fiction
- Inviting the Stranger In (YA/speculative fiction)
Writers in the community:
- Changing Lives Through Literature: Writers as Educators & Community Activists
- Re-Imagining Memoir (with special guest Mimi Schwartz)
The business of writing:
- Submitting to Literary Journals and Independent Presses
- Frank O’Hara and the Sympathetic Reader
- Poetry as a Bridge To Writing Children's Books
Tue, December 14, 2010
by Tanya Whiton, Assistant Director, Solstice Creative Writing Programs