Pine Manor College is pleased to announce that a select number of graduate-level creative writing courses will be open to the public for auditing during the January Residency of its Solstice MFA Program, scheduled from July 9–18, 2010.
Classes are open to serious writers working at all levels; auditors are encouraged to complete the advance preparation requirements for any MFA class they wish to attend. The registration fee is $35 per course; the deadline for enrolling as an auditor for the summer 2010 residency has been extended to July 7, 2010.
For course descriptions, our audit policy, and registration form, go to www.pmc.edu/mfa.
July 2010 MFA classes that are open to the public include:
- What Is Historical Fiction?
- The Read-Aloud Novel
- Rewriting From The Sentence To The Book
- Act Your Age
Conducting and using interviews
- Testimonies: The Art Of Listening, Processing, And Rendering Interview To Story
- Writing & Reading The Nonfiction Graphic Novel
The business of writing
- I Love It, But....The Author/Editor Tango
- Why Write For Magazines?
- Layering Narrative, Lyric, And Meditative Elements
- The End…. Right? Right!
The deadline for enrolling as an auditor for the summer 2010 Residency is July 7, 2010. For course descriptions, our audit policy, and a downloadable registration form, go to: www.pmc.edu/mfa.
Tue, June 1, 2010
by Tanya Whiton, Assistant Director, Solstice MFA in Creative Writing