Enrollment in the Student Insurance Plan is required for all students registered for at least 75% of full-time credits unless you currently have adequate health insurance coverage.
To ensure compliance with QSHIP regulations (www.state.ma.us.dhcfp) Pine Manor College students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Insurance Plan.
If you are currently insured, you may waive enrollment. However, please note:
- Not all plans provide comparable coverage in Massachusetts such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, certain HMOs and managed care plans. Be sure to check with your insurance company before waiving.
- You cannot use Health Safety Net, MassHealth Limited, or Children’s Medical Security to submit a waiver form.
- If your comparable plan will end before August 14th, while you are in school, you must either enroll in the PMC plan within 31 days of your other plan’s end date, or find adequate coverage elsewhere. You must ALWAYS be sufficiently insured while registered for at least 75% of full-time credits.
- International students CANNOT waive the PMC-sponsored Student Insurance Plan.
Here are just a few benefits to enrolling in the Pine Manor College Student Insurance Plan:
- Access to a comprehensive network of doctors, specialists, and hospitals close to campus and home.
- Worldwide coverage (including travel assistance)
- No age restrictions
- Automatic enrollment in Davis Vision Discount Program
Visit www.universityhealthplans.com to view a brochure containing complete plan description, including exclusions and limitations. To print out your ID card after you have enrolled for the insurance through PMC please visit: https://consolidatedhealthplan.com/members/online_id_card_login.
Contact University Health Plans
617-472-5324 ■ 800-437-6448
Online Waiver / Enrollment Process
To WAIVE OUT OF or CONFIRM ENROLLMENT IN the Student Insurance Plan for the policy year visit www.universityhealthplans.com; choose “Pine Manor College” from the list of schools, and follow the instructions below:
- Click on the appropriate box to the left (“Waive” or “Enroll”);
- Complete all required information; and
- Click “Submit” when you are done.
If waiving the insurance, have your current health insurance ID card ready as you will need this information to complete the waiver form. Immediately upon submitting your online Waiver Form, you will receive a confirmation number for your request to waive. Please print and keep for your records.
Contact University Health Plans at 617-472-5324 or 800-437-6448 or at email@example.com
* If a form is not submitted by the deadline, you will be enrolled in and billed for the Student Insurance Plan for the entire policy year.