Pedagogy: Classes and Academic Advising
All advising meetings and faculty office hours will be conducted virtually. All classes will be offered over Canvas (our new learning management system which has replaced Moodle/Blackboard).
While spring courses will by means of a mixture of online, in-person, and hybrid, as the semester progresses, faculty will assess and make adjustments as needed to determine the best formula for student success and everyone’s well-being. Online classes will be offered both synchronously and asynchronously. For synchronous sessions, the day and time listed for the course is the time planned for use as a virtual class session. Students in synchronous learning classes should let their course instructor know at the start of the semester if they are unable to regularly attend synchronous class sessions so arrangements can be made. For asynchronous classes, not everyone will log-onto the class at the same time and students will access course materials and recorded lectures over Canvas to complete the course.
Students who have questions about spring classes should reach out to their Faculty Advisor.
Learning Management System: Canvas
Beginning in the Spring 2021 semester, PMC will move shift from Blackboard/Moodle to Canvas as its Learning Management System. We are confident that the many new features available through Canvas will enhance your learning experience. Your faculty have been working hard to learn the new system and to ready courses for the spring term. In order to access your spring courses, you will first need to set up a Boston College email account. For step-by-step guidance, please review these instructions and/or follow along in this helpful video. You can also access support with Canvas at https://bc-elocs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
Library and Learning Support
Learning Support and Tutoring services will continue to be readily available.
- If you would like to meet with Donna Defuria, our Accessibility Services Coordinator, please email her at email@example.com she will arrange a time to connect in a way that works best for you.
- If you would like to make an appointment with a tutor, Click here to select from our list of tutors and their specialties and select an appointment time. They will meet with you through Zoom, Collaborate, FaceTime, or a regular phone call. If you do not see a day/time that works for you, please email LRC@pmc.edu and they will coordinate an alternative meeting time.
- Learning support staff and tutors will also be connecting with you directly through your individual courses to get to know you and offer their services. Please don’t hesitate to use this important resource and reach out for support!
- The Anneberg Library will be the main student study space on campus. Computer and printer access is available in the building. Please adhere to the safe seating directions throughout the building and always wear a mask.
- The library will be open. Visit the Library’s page for hours of operation.
- Library staff is available online for remote consultation.
- As a reminder, library resources are available at (library link)