Additional Course Offerings
MFA in Creative Writing, with concentrations in:
- Creative Nonfiction
- Comics Graphic Narratives
- Writing for Children and Young Adults
Competency-based learning, interactive teaching, mentoring, and academic support provide individual attention and opportunities for independent growth and leadership at Pine Manor College. PMC’s co-curricular approach connects theory with practice through and innovative leadership program, internship placement, and extracurricular activities.
- The Annenberg Library is part of a forty-two-library consortium giving students greater resources.
- The Brown Learning Resource Center provides a wide array of academic support services for students.
- The Career Development Center assists students in determining career and educational goals and coordinates activities related to individual career exploration and coordinates activities related to individual career exploration and development.
During the Fall 2017 semester, 85% of PMC classes have fewer than 25 students.
PMC’s academic calendar is semester based, with the fall semester starting in September and ending in December and the spring semester starting in January and ending in May. Two optional summer sessions are also offered.
Fifty-five full and part-time faculty members teach at Pine Manor College. 95% of full-time faculty hold the highest degree in their field. 79% of full-time faculty are women.