Class Audit Policy
- Auditing of Solstice MFA classes is offered on a space-available basis and requires the approval of the Associate Director. Only the classes featured on the Audit List are available to the public.
- Priority in class enrollment is given to matriculated MFA students.
- Should an auditor later apply and be accepted to the MFA Program, classes taken prior to acceptance will not be credited toward the degree. The college will not maintain attendance or academic records of classes audited.
- Auditors are expected to complete the advance preparation requirements for any MFA class; this will ensure that all participants are “on the same page.”
- While priority in class discussions must be given to matriculated students, individual faculty members will determine the extent to which auditors may participate in writing exercises/workshop-style discussions.
- A non-refundable fee per course of $40 for members of the public.
- Fees are also non-refundable for missed courses.
- Auditors who miss their scheduled courses may be given the option to audit a different course during the current residency.
- Auditors cannot view recordings for courses in the event of a virtual residency due to FERPA restrictions.
Solstice graduates may audit free of charge.