Maximum Tilt Anthology is a print journal of prose, poetry, hybrid, and graphic narrative. Born from the Solstice Low-Residency MFA in Creative Writing Program at Pine Manor College, Maximum Tilt Anthology continues the program’s mission of diversity in every sense of the word and celebrates the talent and creativity of the Solstice community.
Maximum Tilt Anthology publishes twice per year, the dates of which coincide with Solstice’s residency schedule. The summer edition does not have a theme; the winter edition does.
Maximum Tilt Anthology is available for purchase at the Solstice Low-Residency MFA in Creative Writing Program’s summer and winter residencies at Pine Manor College, on Amazon.com, and via direct purchase. All proceeds, less printing and production costs, go to the Writers Helping Writers Scholarship fund. Learn more about Writers Helping Writers:
Often, our greatest tools as writers are not our knowledge, talents, or accomplishments; it is our connection to each other that strengthens our work and invigorates our drive to write on.
The Writers Helping Writers Scholarship offered by the Solstice MFA Program embodies the power and significance of the writing community. Whether we celebrate each other’s publications, fellowships, professorships, or even the few minutes we can devote to our writing and reading each day, we thrive when we praise and support our peers.
Through the generosity of the Solstice MFA community and its friends, we hope to contribute to the passion and goodwill that creates a writing space for all voices.
–Quintin Collins, Solstice MFA Assistant Director
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Poetry: no more than 3 poems, 10 pages maximum. PLEASE SEND AS ONE DOCUMENT.
- Prose: 5,000 word count limit for fiction and nonfiction
- Graphic narrative: 10 page limit
- Picture book: 1 complete story, not more than 16 pages with 2 illustrations per page
- All genre requirements:
- Every submission must be a stand-alone piece (an excerpt is welcome provided it can stand alone)
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted (please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere)
- Previously published work is accepted, but original, as yet unpublished work is preferred. If submitting previously published work, please provide appropriate publishing information.
- Please include a cover letter with your name, short bio (no more than 50 words, please), and contact information. Please do not include identifying information anywhere other than this cover letter
- We do our best to both give your work thoughtful consideration and to respond promptly. Please allow at least two weeks for a response; if you’ve not heard back from us by then, feel free to follow up to the same email address.
Please send submissions to email@example.com.