Due to the COVID-19 crisis, beginning Monday, March 23rd, all academic courses will be taught online, with no on-campus class meetings for the rest of the semester.
We encourage our students to continue to reach out to your course instructors, advisor, success coach, LRC staff, library staff, or anyone on campus with whom you have built a connection.
We are here to support you!
Here are helpful resources and academic support programs you can access remotely:
The base of communication for all classes will be Blackboard (formerly Moodle). To access Blackboard:
- Go to my.pmc.edu
- On the left-hand menu, click PMC Online
- Enter your login credentials
- Select your course(s)
Mobile Access: You can access Blackboard on a mobile device.
- Go to the App Store
- Download BB Open LMS
- You will be prompted for site address.
- Enter “online.pmc.edu”
- Enter your credentials
- Select your course(s)
Advisors & Success Coaches:
PMC Academic Advisors and Success Coaches will continue to be available to support you.
If you are not sure who to reach out to or how to connect with you Advisor or Success Coach, please contact Melissa Yoffe by text (617-513-0936) or email (email@example.com).
New grading option:
We are extending the Credit/No Credit grading option to the Course Withdrawal deadline of April 23rd.
Please discuss this option with your advisor and course instructor about what option best meets your needs, before making a decision.
Learning Resources Center (LRC):
The LRC tutors will be able to continue working with you during the second half of the semester. You can schedule online sessions with them through https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=18326131
Library staff will be readily available online. The library has also sent each of you an access code for remote resources. You can find more information about library support on their webpage
Contacting IT support remains the same. You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-731-7629. You will find other important IT information on their webpage.
Faculty & Staff contact information:
You can find contact information in the PMC Directory
A reminder – Students can access a variety of Microsoft programs online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), using Office 365.
The Library offers many services whether you are on-or off-campus:
- Librarian Assistance:Chat: ‘Ask a Librarian’ available starting Monday, March 23rd through the end of the semester. See the chat hours below and the chat window on this page. Help with research assignments, finding your class materials, and navigating online blackboard courses-we’re here to help.
Email: (email@example.com) Librarians are available by email when the library building is open and during remote service hours.
Video/Phone: Reach out through chat or email; librarians will set up video or phone calls with the system that works best for you: Zoom, Google Hangouts, WeChat.
- Your Remote Library Hours:
(Spring semester: March 23rd-May 15th)
- Chat, email, remote-librarian support available:
Sunday: 1:00 pm-9:00 pm
Mon-Thu: 10:00 am-10:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Self Service:Research Guides: The library’s research guides are a great place to start exploring your classes and topics on your own. Most Spring 2020 Pine Manor classes have their own individual guide, if you do not see your class, we recommend a general subject guide on your topic. Also check out our citation guide of MLA, APA, and Chicago styles.
Databases: Here you will find scholarly articles and eBooks, company and country data, and primary sources. The database list can be filtered by subject from the drop down menu. For subject-specific database recommendations, see the relevant research guide.
Interlibrary Loan Articles: You can select the blue “Request it through InterLibrary Loan” when using the library OneSearch from the home page or fill out this linked form if you need help locating an article not on that page. As always, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for direct help with article access as well!
- Other Options:Boston Public Library (BPL)
For more Database choices, you can explore what Online Resource the BPL offers. Massachusetts residents and students residing in Massachusetts while attending school are eligible for a Boston Public Library eCard, be sure to use your Massachusetts address. Learn more by clicking on the links below:
register online for a BPL eCard
Learning Resource Center (LRC):
The LRC is available to help you! You can make an appointment online (click here), email us directly, or drop-in to our virtual offices on Collaborate.
- Sara-Anne (writing) email@example.comMonday, Wednesday 10:30AM-6:30PM:
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9AM-5PM:
- Carol Berg (writing) firstname.lastname@example.orgMonday, Tuesday, Thursday 9AM-4PM:
- Diane Juster (psychology) email@example.comMonday-Thursday 9AM-5PM:
- Jesse Boliver (math, statistics) firstname.lastname@example.orgMonday-Friday 9AM-5PM
- Suzie Byun (Biology and Chemistry) email@example.comMonday and Thursday, 9:30AM-4:30PM:
Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closings
— The only screen-free, ad-free audio streaming service custom-made for kids 3-12.