We are excited to announce the plans for the Commencement ceremony for 2021.
Pine Manor College is planning an in-person Commencement ceremony contingent on both the progress made in fighting COVID-19 and city and state officials’ decisions about public gatherings.
The ceremony will be held in Ellsworth Theatre on Sunday, May 23, 2021, at 11 AM EDT.
Students who graduated in December 2020, May 2020, and those graduating in May 2021 are invited to participate in this Commencement ceremony. Attendees will also include Pine Manor College staff, faculty, and honorary degree recipients. Regrettably, we cannot offer the opportunity to invite family and friends to participate in-person but enhanced live-stream options will be available to share this important milestone. Live-stream options will also be available for graduates who are unable to attend in person.
Additionally, there are important steps to adhere to before arriving on campus and at the ceremony. Those who chose to participate in-person should carefully read the instructions below.
We look forward to celebrating you all! You should be proud of your accomplishments!
Lisa Rodrigues, M.Ed.
Dean of Student Affairs
Robert Shea, Ph.D.
Vice President of Academic Affairs
William Stargard, Ph.D.
ATTENDANCE AT CEREMONY
To attend the Sunday, May 23 Commencement, registered graduates must:
- Adhere to Commonwealth of MA COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- Show a negative COVID-19 test result before arriving on campus (72-hour window).
- Schedule and complete a BC COVID-19 test (test results must be negative), even if you are fully vaccinated.
- Receive a GREEN BADGE on May 23 before your designated arrival time for the Commencement ceremony; this will indicate compliance with daily attestations and negative COVID-19 test.
DAY OF THE CEREMONY – SUNDAY MAY 23
- Rehearsal for Commencement will take place at 8 AM in the Ellsworth Theatre.
- Please arrive wearing your face covering. Face coverings must always be worn (before, during, and after the ceremony).
- Students will remain in Ellsworth Theatre until the start of Commencement. There will be plenty of spaces to finish getting ready.
- Graduates returning to Pine Manor College for the in-person Commencement will need to make their housing arrangements. Campus housing will be unavailable.
- The ceremony requires registration. Students who do not register ahead of time will not be allowed to participate in the in-person ceremony.
- Graduates will be assigned to physically distanced seating (6 feet apart) in sections organized by the college.