Healthcare Biomedical Sciences Advisory Council
Pine Manor College recently launched its Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative Advisory Council. This initiative seeks to leverage the College’s program strengths in Biology, Psychology, and Community Health and build a sustainable pathway from high school, through college and into defined healthcare-related careers. With 85% students of color, Pine Manor College is one of the most diverse private colleges in the U.S. and offers a variety of bachelor degrees in the liberal arts.
The initial meeting, held in April 2017, brought together a select group of esteemed professionals from across the greater Boston area from academic, corporate, and not-for-profit organizations. The group engaged in discussion on ways to promote and strengthen Pine Manor College’s Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences initiative and partnerships. The group convened for a second time in September and presented highlights of its strategic plan and upcoming programs, including the Summer Bridge program, which PMC hopes to launch in summer 2018.
Peter Dunphy, a partner at Commonwealth Health Advisors, and a champion of the initiative, chaired the committee and was supported by Rob Utzschneider, Chair of Pine Manor College Board of Trustees, and Tom O’Reilly, President of the College.
“The Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative at Pine Manor College is an incredible opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students.” said Peter Dunphy. “The Advisory Council members are all eager to support the College and this initiative in order to help meet the needs of students as well as share insight on the needs of healthcare and biomedical organizations in the area it’s a true win-win situation.”
Attendees for the September 19th Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative Advisory Council meeting included:
- Stanley Berman, VP of Academic Affairs, William James College
- Peter Dunphy, Partner, Commonwealth Health Advisors
- Christy Egan, Director of MGH Boston Partnerships
- Nancy Hanrahan, Dean and Professor, Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences
- Betty Johnson, Assistant Dean for Faculty and Staff Diversity, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
- Joe Knowles, President and CEO, Institute for Heath Metrics
- Beth Rogan, Associate Director of Marketing and Outreach, William James College
- Gemima St. Louise, Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology, William James College
- Rob Utzschneider, Chair, PMC Board of Trustees
- Louis Woolf, President and CEO, Hebrew Senior Life
Pine Manor College representation included President Tom O’Reilly; Dean Diane-Mello Goldner; Susan Bear, Professor of Biology; Janine Daily, VP of Advancement and Alumni Relations; and Bridget Gardner, Director of Academic Partnerships.
Additional Advisory Board Members include:
Stephanie Browne, VP of Talent Acquisition, Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
Sera Godfrey-Kaplan, Clinical Supervisor, Riverside Community Care
Naomi Rosenberg, Professor Emerita of Molecular Biology Microbiology, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University
To find out more about this initiative and about more ways to partner with Pine Manor College, please contact Bridget Gardner, Director of Academic Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.