Chestnut Hill, MA (June 19, 2017) – Pine Manor College recently launched its Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative Advisory Council. This initiative seeks to leverage the College's program strengths in Biology, Psychology, and Community Health and build a sustainable pathway from high school, through college and into defined healthcare-related careers. With 85% students of color, Pine Manor College is one of the most diverse private colleges in the U.S. and offers a variety of bachelor degrees in the liberal arts.
The initial meeting held in April 2017, brought together a select group of esteemed professionals from across the greater Boston area from academic, corporate, and not-for-profit organizations. The group engaged in discussion on ways to promote and strengthen Pine Manor College's Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences initiative and partnerships.
Peter Dunphy, a partner at Commonwealth Health Advisors, and a champion of the initiative, chaired the committee and was supported by Rob Utzschneider, Chair of Pine Manor College Board of Trustees, and Tom O'Reilly, President of the College.
"The Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative at Pine Manor College is an incredible opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students." said Peter Dunphy. "The Advisory Council members are all eager to support the College and this initiative in order to help meet the needs of students as well as share insight on the needs of healthcare and biomedical organizations in the area it's a true win-win situation."
The members of the Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative Advisory Council, a group of highly regarded professionals in their fields, included:
- Stephanie Browne, Vice President, Talent, Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, Blue Cross Blue Shield MA
- Natalie Cort, Ph.D.,William James College Faculty, Center for Multicultural and Global Mental Health
- Francesca Dominici, Ph.D., Co-Director, Data Science Initiative, Harvard School of Public Health
- Peter Dunphy, Partner, Commonwealth Health Advisors
- Christyanna Egun, Director, MGH Boston Partnerships, Center for Community Health Improvement
- Sera Godfrey, LCSW, Graduate of Pine Manor College; Clinical Supervisor, Riverside Community Care; Instructor of Social Work (BU & Wheelock College)
- Joe Knowles, CEO, Institute for Health Metrics
- Beth Rogan, RN, William James College, Associate Director of Marketing and Outreach
- Naomi Rosenberg, MD, Dean, Tufts University Sackler School of Graduate & Biomedical Sciences
- Rob Utzschneider, Chair, Pine Manor College Board of Trustees
Those attending the Advisory Council from Pine Manor College included:
- Diane Mello-Goldner, Ph.D., PMC Dean of the College
- Susan Bear, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
- Bridget Gardner, M.H.S., Director of Academic Partnerships
- Karen Hussar, Ph.D, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Ieshia Karasik, Career Development Director
- Colleen Krieser, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biology
- Michele Ramirez, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology and Assistant Dean for Foundational Learning
- William Vogele, Ph.D., Professor of Political Science
- Samuel White, Dean of Enrollment & Admissions
About Pine Manor
Pine Manor College is a small, private four-year liberal arts college situated in the Chestnut Hill section of Brookline, Massachusetts, only a few miles outside of Boston. For over 100 years Pine Manor has provided a highly student-focused education and mentoring grounded in the liberal arts tradition. The College focuses on pathways to careers through internships and organizational partnerships and academic programs that instill skills and competencies needed in today's changing workplace. By partnering with private and public organizations, Pine Manor College creates experiential learning opportunities that lead to careers. As an example of our strategic focus and success, 100% of the class of 2016 were employed or pursuing advanced degrees within six months of graduation.
For Media inquiries, please contact:
Director of Media and Publications
Pine Manor College
For those interested in learning more about the Pine Manor College Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences Initiative, please contact:
Bridget Gardner, MHS
Director of Academic Partnerships
Pine Manor College