Associate Professor, Management and Organizational Change
Haldan Hall 219
- Ed.D., Educational Leadaership, Johnson & Wales University
Dissertation: Generalized Self-Efficacy as a Predictor of First-Term Success
- M.Ed., Higher Education Administration, Boston University
- B.S. in B.A., Marketing, Boston University
- Associate Professor of Management and Organizational Change, Pine Manor College2008-present
Teach management, organizational change and marketing courses. Member of the Assessment and Accreditation Committee, Curriculum Committee, and Academic Planning Committee. Special interests include management and leadership, organizational change and development, the adult learning-teaching process, and the relationship between self-perception of capability, performance, and achievement.
- Career Education Corporation (NASDAQ), An international operator of proprietary for-profit colleges, private universities, and online education schools
- Deptartment Chair, Business and Health Studies, Gibbs College, 2001-2006)
Responsible for eight business and healthcare academic programs. Promoted to this position from Program Chair. Appointed Faculty Development Leader. Received Outstanding Achievement Award. Member of the Retention Committee and the Student Academic Performance Committee. Teach business management, communication, and marketing courses. Elected faculty President. Regularly create the academic master schedule. Developed and implemented the Medical curriculum.. Recruited and managed faculty
- Palladia Development Systems, Inc., A consulting firm specializing in developing organizational leadership and effectiveness.
- Principal, 1989-2001
Key clients included JPMorganChase, Allen Telecom, Grayson Electronics, and Tyco Healthcare. Projects included competency analysis and descriptions, job certification, team culture implementation, organization and business process design, merger and systems integration, executive assessment and selection, international sales team development, restructuring Human Resources, establishing interactive learning technology, management development, executive coaching, facilitating business planning and budgeting meetings, product sales training development and deployment.
- Sandy Corporation (AMEX); A 300-person communications consulting firm.
- Group Vice President, Commercial Operations, 1988-1989
Promoted to this position. Served on the seven-member Corporate Operating Committee. Directed the consulting practice in the insurance, petroleum, hospitality, technology, and manufacturing industries.
Authorized all proposal designs, pricing, schedules, staffing, and budgets. Responsible for the project quality and profitability. Participated in Sandy Corporation’s Initial Public Offering. Personally worked with clients including Exxon, Pizza Hut, and Citigroup on key initiatives.
- Sr. Vice President, Sandy Corporation and President, Learncom Division, 1984-1988
Directed all strategy, profit planning, product development and distribution, technical research, marketing, sales and contracts. Learncom produced and sold computer-based learning systems for customer service, management, sales, and product knowledge.
- Learncom, Inc.; A custom training services, seminar, and software company.
- Founder and CEO, Learncom, 1979-1984 and BK Computer Systems, 1981-1984.
Sold and produced custom training solutions in selling skills, management development, data entry and safety. Sold public and in-house seminars through direct response marketing. Trained more than 10,000 trainers in presentation skills and instructional design. Provided organization development, competency analysis, succession planning, and team development. Achieved consistent profitability and positive cash flow. Both corporations acquired by Sandy Corp. in December 1984.
- Columnist for Training Magazine on the subject of training management
- Designing and Delivering Cost Effective Training, Training Books
- Preparing Educators of Adults, Ch.8, Jossey-Bass
- Human Resources Management and Development Handbook, Ch. 20, AMACOM
- SAM – System for Authoring Microtraining, software by Learncom, Inc.
- More than 75 contributions to professional practice publications
- Produced over 100 corporate training workbooks, white papers, research reports, strategic learning manuals, and multi-media programs
- Self-Efficacy and Post-Secondary First-term Student Achievement, a paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, May 6-8, 2009
Presentations and Awards
- Numerous national, regional, and local conference presentations have included: Industrial Audio-Visual Association, American Society for Training and Development, US Civil Service Commission, Senior Trainers Symposium, Training, Association of Data Processing Trainers, Boston Computer Society, etc.
- Recipient of the annual Outstanding Communication award from the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)