To support and engage students around emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
Counseling and Wellness
To make an appointment for on-campus counseling or get assistance with finding an off-campus provider, please email our counseling staff at email@example.com.
All counseling sessions are strictly confidential unless you provide written consent or may be of danger to yourself and/or others. Counseling sessions do not become part of a student’s record. Any counseling information used in statistics or research will guarantee the anonymity of the student.
Campus counseling can provide students with:
- Support for personal, family, social, and academic stressors.
- Skill-building around academic and emotional wellness.
- Educational information on various topics related to adjusting to college, managing stress, building healthy relationships and so much more!
For Immediate Support
Nearby Hospitals (available 24/7):
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital75 Francis Street, Boston, MA
Dental Clinic: 617-732-6018
Please be advised that going to the Emergency Room is not recommended for minor or common illnesses. Emergency rooms are best used for serious life-threatening medical conditions. An emergency room co-payment can be $100.00 or more. You are responsible for all co-payments, including co-payments for ambulance service.
If you require medical attention outside of the hours of the urgent care center, students are advised to go to the Emergency Room at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
If you have an emergency that is not life-threatening but requires an Emergency Room you should look for safe transportation independent of the college. If transportation is not available, call Campus Safety at 617-731-7777 for assistance and they can connect you with the Student Affairs Administrator on-call to arrange a rideshare (e.g., Uber or Lyft). The cost of the rideshare will be added to your student account.
Nearby Urgent Cares (Not open 24/7):
- PhysicianOne Urgent Care:1210 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- Beth Israel Deaconess Urgent Care at Chestnut Hill:200 Boylston Street, 4th floor
Newton, MA 02467
The following hotlines offer emotional support services:
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center hotline(617) 492-7273 or (800) 841-8371
The Boston Area Rape Crisis Center has a 24-hour hotline for sexual assault survivors, significant others (including family and friends) and professionals. They also provide medical accompaniment to a survivor after sexual assault and legal advocacy.
- Planned Parenthood’s hotline1-800-258-4448. Choose Option 3.
For confidential questions about sexual health, birth control, emergency contraception, parenting, adoption and abortion.
For non-emergency off-campus counseling services:
- Brookline Community Mental Health41 Garrison Road
Brookline, MA 02445
- Arbour Hri HospitalMental Health Services
227 Babcock St
Brookline, MA 02446
- Bournewood HospitalMental health and chemical dependency care
300 South St
Brookline, MA 02467
- Massachusetts General Hospital Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinic55 Fruit Street, Cox 5, Boston, MA
- Women’s Health Services111 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA
617-277-0009 or 617-277-1774
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC)99 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge, MA
- Domestic Violence Safelink (a 24 hour multilingual statewide hotline)1-877-785-2020 TTY: 1-877-521-2601
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterRape Crisis Intervention Program
Request a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E.)
330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA
- Brigham and Women’s HospitalRequest a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E)
75 Francis Street, Boston, MA
Please carry your student health insurance card with you at all times.