Internships are an important part of academic and professional development, and are also a great opportunity to figure out your field of interest before you graduate! Interning complements your resume and offers “real-world” experience and skills that are transferrable to a job after Pine Manor.It is also a great way to network and build relationships with professionals in your field.
Once you’ve landed an internship, it is important to make the most of it! Below are some helpful tips to having a successful internship:
- Be responsible and respectful by taking all assignments seriously and by meeting deadlines. Showing a positive attitude and putting in extra effort will help you stand out.
- Communicate effectively and express interest. Show that you are paying attention by taking notes, asking questions, and offering insight on projects and tasks.
- Do your research and learn as much as you can. Read about the field you are in, and the company you are working for. Also, speak up by volunteering for extra projects and talking to employees.
- Network. Introduce yourself to everyone you meet and talk to as many people as you can, when appropriate. Seek out mentors that may or may not be your supervisor.
- Keep in contact with people you met during your internship. That way, when the time comes to look for full-time job, they will remember you.